Looking for a cert artist

Talk about anything you want here.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Looking for a cert artist

Post by Sushidragon »

I posted this on PI, but figured I may as well post it here too XD

I'm looking for a cert for my upcoming adoptable, the Enkeyns. They're large, fuzzy, and feathered dragons, and each is hand-drawn, so they need a fairly versitile cert XD

Here's some Enkeyn examples:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/s ... yn/048.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/s ... keyn37.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/s ... enkeyn.png
Cert features
I do have something in mind for the cert, I just haven't been able to carry it off to my satisfaction XD Here's the kind of thing I had in mind:

The basic info the cert needs is:

- Name (first and last)
- Species
- Owner
- Credits (artist and cert)
- ID number

For the big, amorphous blob on my cert example, I was thinking it could be something like a tree or mountain, or just something natural-looking and abstract. Ideally I'd like to be able to change the colors of the cert to reflect the colors of the Enkeyn, and the background area where the Enkeyn's image goes can just be transparent.
Cert artist terms
- The cert should be a PSD file that can be edited using Photoshop CS.
- You'll be credited with the creation of the cert. In addition to a credit appearing on the site, your username will also appear on the cert itself - "Cert by username" or something like that.
- Once the cert is finished, I'll be able to edit it however I'd like. By that I mean I can add sections or artwork if required in the future, ie if there's a new feature that needs to be added.
- Any fonts on the cert should be available for free download.
- All artwork on the cert needs to be done by you. If you use Photoshop brushes made by someone else, the terms for their use should ensure that they can be used on something like an adoptable cert.
- The cert will be used off of PI as well. Currently it would just be on my personal site, but Enkeyns may make their way to other sites as well.
Payment
Payment can be made in $USD, adoptables, adoptable items, or any combination thereof. I wouldn't be able to offer Enkeyns as payment because they haven't made it through intros on PI yet, but I also run Samanayrs, Sa'enkeyns, and Glassgryphs (currently on hiatus).
Application
If you're interested, please send me a PM with the following info:

Username:
Example of certs and/or other design work:
How long do you think it would take to complete?
Which kind of payment would you prefer?
What is your estimated cost of the job?
Do you agree with my cert artist terms?
Anything else you'd like to add?

I'll close this when I've found an artist, or if I finally end up coming up with a cert that I'm happy with XD Thank you for your interest!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Re: Looking for a cert artist

Post by Harroway »

AHH. I'm totally interested in trying my hand at this! Sushi, would you like us to make a cert for you and then send in the application, or would you like us to send in the application first?
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Definitely just the application, please! Only the person I end up hiring will have to make a cert XD
Image Image

AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

I might give this a go, however, all I have to work with is GIMP, and I'm not sure how well GIMP .psd's work with photoshop. Granted, they're the same file type, but I've heard that there can be issues between the two programs. Does anyone know?
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

Hrmn... *looks through old work* Yeah, I may have to give this a go!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I just tried saving a PSD in GIMP and opening it up with Photoshop and was mostly successful, the only issue is that the text had become rendered and was no longer editable as text. It's easy enough to re-add text, though!
Image Image