Sewing Non-Debacle

Talk about anything you want here.
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Sewing Non-Debacle

Post by Jennalyn »

No bleeding fingers, thankfully, but some pretty rat and ferret furniture! Anybody else have varied and sundry sewing/knitting/crocheting/etc. projects they want to show off? Lakota, I'm totally staring at you here. :shock:

My new favorite set that I've made absolutely has to be this rainbow extravaganza for Possum.

The set consists of a cube, a tube, a double bunk, a double corner bunk, a pocket hammock, and a wall pouch tunnel. Each one has a different liner color that still manages to match the fabric and... I just... gah! I love it! Makes me so happy that it's going to rats who won't destroy it as quickly as mine would. Ornery little fuzzbutts.

A few closeups, because it's fun and I'd love to see others' closeups on pretty pieces.

The patchwork tube. My camera washed out colors, but the liner's a very pretty spring purple.

Cuuuube! They're such a pain in the butt, but they turn out so pretty. The entrance is extra-low for an ol'man rat.

Wall pouch. Because nothing says 'ZING' like lime green!
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Re: Sewing Non-Debacle

Post by RikkuGirl »

Zomgosh! That is so freakin cute! XD im actually trying to learn to sew right now! im trying to make purses. O.o;;

Though those look very complicated to me. lol They still look VERY WELL done. XD *hugs*

Grats on the great work! and I hope your critters have fun XD
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Hee! I hope we'll be treated to pictures of your little ones when they finally get to play in all the stuff!

I'm teaching myself to knit, and I'm working on a bag right now. I don't have any pictures, but I will try to remember to take a couple. It's my first project ever so it's a bit... sloppy. But I'm getting the hang of it, slowly but surely!
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Colors, colors everywhere! I love this set, so bright :D I'm sure the rats will have a blast in all that stuff!

I haven't done any sewing in ages, but I would like to learn how to quilt. And maybe get a sewing machine someday so that this stuff doesn't take me forever to hand-sew >_>
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Eirnae
Lamanayr
Lamanayr
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Eirnae »

If I were a rat, I believe my first thought upon looking at the wonder of rainbow hues and inviting softness would be: "What part should I chew on first?!" :twisted:

Regardless of what my channeled rat self is thinking (Nom, nom, nom!), I love each and every piece of this set! The colors, the designs, everything. They look like they took a lot time and effort, but according to my sense of perfectionism, they were worth it in the end. Great job, Jenn!

Also, I second AsaraDragon's notion to have pictures posted of your babies enjoying themselves in/on their bright new playground! :)
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Nae, that is precisely the thought that would run through my own babies' minds. I have zero doubt. Thus, I'm relieved to say that this rainbow set will be going to a friend of mine online. Her old man rats are far less inclined to decimate their sleeping spaces than they are to pee and then marinate in them. Gotta love the ol'men. xD
Eirnae
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Eirnae »

Oooh! My observation skills hath failed me! *Flails* Oh, but my rat personification skills apparently are spot on. Go me! 8-)

That aside, I'm sure that Possum's ol' boys will adore this set! One day your wee ones will be less rascally and more crotchey, so you can make them a set too, so everyone wins .. eventually. :D
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

I'm actually in the process of making them a lovely space-themed set right now to celebrate the curing of their Bass pan, which can finally be used in their cage this coming weekend! It's a metal pan that fits snugly in the bottom of my specific cage and will allow me to use bedding. Unfortunately, it comes as galvanized steel from its manufacturer, which would soak up rat pee and stink to high heaven in a matter of months. Rustoleum Painter's Touch in gloss purple is a girl's best friend. ;)

Here it is just a few hours after painting. This is what I'd call a color WIN. The boys can deal because the girls and I outnumber them.

And yeah... I'm making them the space set knowing full well that I'll be picking bits of cotton and fleece off the floor once the week is out. Heh. At least they'll enjoy it for a few months!
Eirnae
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Eirnae »

:shock: A color win indeed! That's superbly eye-catching, Jenn, and I think the purple is just "manly" enough that the boys shouldn't be overally concerned. ;)

*Slips ballots to the boy rats and tiny picket signs that read, "Blue FTW!", then tries to look perfectly innocent*
GotEmily
Yearling
Yearling

Post by GotEmily »

so cute and rainbowish (is that even a word?)