Monthly Samanayr schedule?

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Monthly Samanayr schedule?

Post by Sushidragon »

As I'm sure you've all learned by now, I tend to run things rather randomly and without much warning XD Although I'd like to keep doing surprise events as well, I think it'd be beneficial to me to have a set event schedule which I also have to keep to. Not to mention I also work better with a deadline XD

Here's what I was tentatively thinking so far:

1st to 7th - Monthly draw is open (semi-customs, customs, draw). Sams hopefully finished within a few days.

10th - Monthly paid customs?

15th - Expedition or race (alternating months).

20th - Some kind of special event, like an RP race, other RP, breeding season, accessory crafting, etc.

All of these things would either take place here and be linked to from PI, or would be taking place simultaneously on PI and here, or alternate where they would occur each month but still allow participation in both forums.

If I want to have monthly expeditions, races, and special events, I would definitely need people to help me out XD

- Running a random Expedition is definitely the easiest thing to do, I'd give you the grid and what goes where.

- Running an RP Expedition is more difficult, since you have to address each post and write a response to it XD I'd help flesh out an Expedition area with you and give you the list of prizes, and you'd decide what would go where.

- Running a race is very straightforward, just labor-intensive. It could be simplified a great deal by just posting the results, but I know people enjoyed watching the races be run. Maybe it could be something like a big race-off between the winners of the prior races for some kind of title could be posted round-by-round, with the earlier races just having the results posted XD

I'd probably also need help for special events, especially those that are RP-based!

So yeah, let me know what you think, if there's anything else you can think to add, and if you'd like to help out :D
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Re: Monthly Samanayr schedule?

Post by Harroway »

I'd like to help out! I think I could do pretty much any of those (and the races, if you explained how you do them. >_>) I think a schedule is a great idea, especially for customs and racing. I know I like to stalk the slots, so having a date is helpful. XD
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

That sounds awesome, and I'd be very happy to help out with anything RP-based you might need. ^_^
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

I think a schedule is awesome! It gives everyone an idea of what to look forward to next! I'd love to assist with the races! I don't mind the tedious stuff at all! >_> *strange that way*
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

I could definately help out with the races or the random expeditions :D I could help out with the crafting as well!

This all sounds like so much fun Sushi!
Britain
Valentine Key
Favorite Sam species: Northern!

Post by Britain »

Steele's not lying, she just REVELS in detail work and anything repetitive. XD;;

I think a schedule would be fantastic. Also, the one you've got listed gives you a lot of room to change things up, and balance when you think you're getting overloaded. Everyone would be happy for events, no matter what they are!

I also think regular events would encourage more participation in the forums, and interaction between fosterers. ^_^
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

Ooo, I quite like the idea of a schedule for set events! :D Knowing when something is going to happen/open will mean more people can plot to be there!
Also, I'd love to help out, any time! :D Heh, I have more free time on my hands than I can deal with, so I spend most of my time haunting here to some extent anyway.
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Esperanza
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Deserts & Illiayrs

Post by Esperanza »

This really helps. :3
melomar
Integrated
Integrated
Favorite Sam species: Lamanayrs

Post by melomar »

My too sense:

I definitely like doing things in the forums, though personally, if it's not linked from PI I won't participate because I won't see it. It makes me feel like a cop-out but the more I try to do things off-site, in general the more things I forget to check! (Fellow visual thinkers probably know what I'm talking about - "out of sight, out of mind.")

The schedule looks great! I'd love to get in on more expeditions and roleplays. The races were a lot of fun, and having sort of a championship setup would also be fun. That said, perhaps there could be other races running at the same time, for challengers (new blood) to get a chance to enter into the standings.

I fully support that in any case where there is extensive work for you (the races, anything RP-related) that you hire someone to help you. I know you're doing sams (and glassgryphs) mostly for fun, and these things are quite a bit different from just drawing. If it were me, I would definitely hire someone to help with RP-related events, for example, just to lessen the work and especially the stress. It's supposed to be fun, always. :3
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

A schedule is nice, and is probably good for those people who arn't always on the forum so that they know when to check for events.

I am definitely liking the:
15th - Expedition or race (alternating months).
20th - Some kind of special event, like an RP race, other RP, breeding season, accessory crafting, etc.
And I would love to help out with any events that need help with. As for the races, I thought of an idea, based off of excel that might be easier and slightly less confusing to post. You could post the race rounds pictorially, like this:
You could move the little samanayr icons, which could be very easy if you have each icon as a different layer. And for obstacles, if the samanayr is stuck, they can be in the middle of the obstacle square or if they got through they can be half way between squares, like the Spark icon in the image above.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Oh, I guess I didn't make it clear enough, but everything that takes place on the forum will still be linked to on PI :D It'd be the same deal as now, where I have a monthly thread there and post/send out mailing list reminders links to events happening here.

Looks like you guys like the idea of a schedule so far :D And I appreciate all of the offers of help!

@silvermoondragon - Aww, that's adorable :D It'd still be a lot of work, but having a visible grid like that could make the race and standings a bit easier to get.
Image Image

Kagari
is behind you
is behind you
Favorite Sam species: Northern

Post by Kagari »

I'm really liking this idea. It gives us a good chance to prepare or schedule without being too bummed out if we totally miss something.

Also, would my two cents help pay for anything? >>

ETA: Like most people here, I'd be happy to help with whatever I could. I'm pretty decent at RPing, though, I'm sure others would be much better suited to the running aspect of that. I could totally do a random grid thing, though! 8D
Calomel
Is edible

Post by Calomel »

I appreciate the idea of a schedule, it'll be really useful in figuring out what is happening when. Also, I would absolutely love to help! Especially with the RP events or even the semi-RP events, like the races.
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

I'd also be glad to help. I don't always have a lot of time, but having things on a schedule would help immensely in that area, because I could probably tell ahead of time if I'd be able to help with something or not. I'm not the best at RP, but I'm willing to give anything a try at least once!
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
sera
Mystic
Mystic

Post by sera »

Looks great! ^^ i, too, would like to help out with pretty much anything you'd need me to do. ^^
Dragonspyrit
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Dragonspyrit »

I'm not too enthusiastic about RP, but I love the idea of knowing whats coming in a given month!!
Custom Line Art | Image | My PIFF: Click!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Alrighty, a schedule will be on the way, starting next month :D Closer to August, I'll post the schedule and put out an official call for volunteers! I'm thinking interested parties could run their desired event one month, and the next month someone else could do it, to give everyone who wants to a chance :D
Image Image

silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

eeeeeeeeee!!!!! This sounds like fun!

So we would get to pick an event to run? I don't know how I will be able to choose!
Britain
Valentine Key
Favorite Sam species: Northern!

Post by Britain »

Sounds absolutely great. ;D
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Wheeee! Can't wait :D I'd love to do races!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Yep, people can volunteer for whatever event(s) they like :D
Image Image

Calomel
Is edible

Post by Calomel »

LOL, Sushi! You have an army of willing slaves, ready and eager to do all your hard work for you! :lol:
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

^^
Totally! We'd, any one of us, run events at anytime.
Command us as you will!! 8D
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Because you guys are so awesome :D
Image Image